Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Metcha Day!

Three years ago today on a warm sunny day in Ethiopia, we met our little ones for the first time!

In the van on the way to the transition home, I remember feeling completely unprepared for this amazing, challenging roller coaster of a ride called motherhood, despite the stacks of parenting books I had read and the countless hours filling out paperwork tolling what a great mom I would be.
And then it happen... I got to hold Josiah...
and then I got to hold Alexandra...

Truth be told, I was unprepared. I had no idea that these two little ones would make their way so deep down in my heart that every day I love them more and am in awe of how God brought them into my life. I am one very blessed mama.

Even more special this year, we get to spend this day with our travel buddies. All of our little ones are not so little any more. They are all amazing and so precious.

Happy Metcha Day, Davids, Mihnovichs, Singletons, and Stums!

As Tracy said, "Adoption rocks!"

6 comments:

the Steiger's said...

Happy Metcha Day!!!
The time sure goes by fast!!!

Mike and Amy said...

Congratulations!
We actually met you all at the AW Reunion this past Labor Day Weekend in Tennessee. And recently I posted on the AW Aunties Group asking if anyone had painted the faces of the Willow Tree figures - and someone led me to you. Would you be able to email me and tell me what you used? mikeandamy@tds.net Thanks so much!
In His Love,
Amy
Mom to John and Ryan

The Stums said...

Prepared or not, you were a great mom that day and you are a great mom everyday!

Very sad we missed the reunion, but Caleb and Becca did their best to fill us in. Looking forward to the next one!

Love to you guys,

Merica

Monica said...

What beautiful photos! They were so little, so precious.

You know, a few months ago I was at the gym and a show about adoption came on. I was totally unprepared for the scene when the parents got to meet their little girl for the first time. I started crying in front of all the other people at the gym! It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I have a feeling your special moment was just as beautiful - or more so! Adoption does rock!

Chris said...

See those pictures of you meeting your precious kiddies gave my goosebumps!

Amber said...

Beautiful family! :)